Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Battle Of The Blogs

I've been wanting to start this blog for a long time now, but I just haven't gotten up the courage to start posting to it yet. I find blogging (or journaling) to be very therapeutic, but I'm not great at it. Most of the time, I find it hard to put my feelings and thoughts into words (or at least eloquent words).

So, I sit here tonight trying to decide what my blog should be about. Should it be about my struggles and the journey I am on for healing? I know this would be the most therapeutic, but at the same time my struggles are so heavy that it might frighten people (even loved ones) away. I don't want to be judged for my problems, but sometimes I need a place to go and just let it all flow out. This could be a great venue for any homework or thought provoking questions that might come up during counseling, but I am just worried about feeling so vulnerable and exposed.

Or should my blog just be happy go lucky and we can just sit here talking about the wind that blows here in the Texas panhandle? This would by far be the easy way out, but doesn't God call us to take the narrow less traveled road? Maybe I should push myself beyond my comfort zone and make this blog real and to tell my real story in order to help someone else out. It might help someone else out there to know that I have walked these roads as well and I can take up my struggles and walk along side them arm in arm.

So, most likely this will turn into a journey of healing and to find my joy again. I do promise that along the way there will be lots of laughter, crying, and memories to be made. So, put on your walking shoes and lets travel this road together.

All my love,
Stace

No comments:

Post a Comment