Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Job Hunting

I can't believe how frustrating job hunting is!! I have been looking for a job since I got laid off over a month ago. I know that I have only been in Amarillo for 2 weeks and 2 days, but it is driving me crazy. I feel so inept because I have sent out all these resumes and filled out all these applications and all I have come up with is a temporary accounting position that makes WAY less than what I was making.

I am not complaining about the job I have been provided; and I am even kind of excited about it, BUT it is only temporary. I need something permanent to go to everyday. I need something that I can rely on. My temporary job will only be for about 10 weeks and then I get to start my job hunt all over.

I am really trying to trust God to bring along the right job, but honestly it is getting tougher each day. I just need to relax and enjoy being held in His arms.

Jeremiah 29:11-12 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

"Lord, please help me to be patient and wait for the right job to come along. Help me to trust in you to take care of this in my life. Help me to hold these verses close to my heart and proclaim them in Christ's name as promises you have sent to me. Lord, I know you have a plan for my life that is better than any plan I could possibly have, and I just pray that I will be patient enough to allow you to reveal it. I love you so much and I am so thankful that you haven't given up on me. In Jesus' precious name, Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment