Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Counseling Week 1

Last week I started seeing a counselor through church.  I really like the man I am working with, and in some ways it seems to be making it easier that I knew him before counseling.  He is my old youth minister, and somehow I take comfort in that.  I really think that if I put in the hard work, this man is really going to help me overcome all this.  

In that session, I told him why I was there and about the biggest story that has shaped where I am today.  It is the story about my conception and birth.  Through the facts of this story, I have completely fallen for a few huge lies that Satan has taught me.  He has convinced me that I have no value and that I am a burden.  Wow, how ridiculous is that?  I can see that it is not true on the outside looking in, but it is really hard for me to convince myself of this now.

So, at the end of my session, he challenged me with some homework.  I was to come up with the rest of my stories (or lies) that are apart of my makeup.  So, as I go along, I will post them under the comments for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment